That’s right, from 6:00 am to 9:00 am – the ideal bird watching hour – our professional guides will open just for bird watchers. This privacy will give you the perfect conditions to enjoy the songs, the colors, and the sheer beauty of the countless tropical birds that inhabit or pass through our rainforest.
Especially for bird lovers, during the wee hours of the morning you will marvel at the variety of birds to see and hear. During the tour through our beautiful lush natural trails, our guide will teach you about the birds, their peculiarities, and individual characteristics. Some of the birds you may see are: Keel-billed Toucan
(Ramphastos sulfuratus), Montezuma Oropendula (Psarocolius montezuma), Rufous-tailed hummingbird (Amazilia tzacatl), Melodius balckbird (Dives dives), White Collared Manakin (Manacus candei), Red winged Blackbird (Agelaius phoeniceus), Green honeycreeper (Chlorophanes spiza), Grey-necked wood rail (Aramides Cajaneus), Boat-billed heron (Cochlearius cochlearius), Blue-grey tanager (Thraupis episcopus), and many more.
N. Students $14
N. Children $11
- Wear comfortable closed toe shoes
- Wear comfortable clothing for walking
- Use insect repellent
- Remember that Arenal Natura Ecological Park is located in the tropical rainforest, therefore you may need a poncho at any time. Have one handy, or purchase one in our shop.
- Our team is comprised of professional guides, always follow their instructions and stay with the group.
- Walk quietly, to avoid scaring animals in the area.
- When stopping, stand in silence and observe carefully, birds, and animals will begin to appear little by little.
- Be patient, animals and insects roam freely throughout Arenal Natura Ecological Park.
- Avoid passing the guide who leads your hike, so that he/she can locates plant or animal species along the way and explain them to you.
- Most importantly, don’t forget your camera!
- Naturalist guide with all necessary birdwatching equipment
- Park entrance
- Civil responsibility insurance policy
- Transportation if needed (extra charge depending on your hotel location)
- Reservations are required. Verify with Reservations Online, or contact us at Tel: (506) 2479-1616, email@example.com.
- Tour requires a minimum of 2 people to operate
- All children must be accompanies and supervised by an adult at all times.