In this interesting journey you will observe a large variety of breath taking flora of the tropical rainforest and with a little luck you will also spot some of the species that live freely in our forests like Collared Pecary (Tayassu tajacu), Sloth (Bradypus tridactylus), Armadillo (Dasypus novemcinctus), Plumed Basilisk (Basiliscus plumifrons) and Common Basilisk (Basiliscus basiliscus), butterflies, birds, and other species of the region.
N. Students $11
N. Children $9
The caiman (Caiman crocodilus) look much like crocodiles only smaller. Come learn the difference with us!
Experiences for all ages
Natura Premium is a unique natural experience for children and adults, where in addition to learning about animals and their habitats, you will have an authentic experience in touch with nature and a large variety of species that inhabit the rainforest.
Our terrariums were professionally designed and are the only ones of their kind in the country. They are spacious and temperature controlled to allow each species to feel like they are home in their natural habitat.
Together with our guides, you will discover an impressive natural world!
Arenal Natura facilities and terrariums were built to guarantee the safety and comfort of each animal, as well as that of our guests. The idea is to allow you to safely discover each of these species up close.
Tours available daily from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm, with start times about every hour.
Tour duration: 2 hours approx.
- Flash photography is not permitted, as it may case alterations in the animals’ behavior.
- All children must be accompanies and supervised by an adult at all times.
- Naturalist guide
- Park entrance and access to all attractions.
- Civil responsibility insurance policy
- Transportation if needed (additional charge depending on hotel location)
- Wear comfortable closed toe shoes
- Wear comfortable clothing for walking
- Use insect repellent
- Remember that Arenal Natura Ecological Park is located in the tropical rainforest, therefore you may need a poncho at any time. Have one handy, or purchase one in our shop.
- Our team is comprised of professional guides, always follow their instructions and stay with the group.
- Walk quietly, to avoid scaring animals in the area.
- Avoid passing the guide who leads your hike, so that he/she can locates plant or animal species along the way and explain them to you.
- Most importantly, don’t forget your camera!